Thursday, June 4, 2009

Blogging from South Korea - Gyeongju

This is the first time that i'm blogging while away from Singapore. I am now in Gyeongju, South Korea. Remember that i introduced 2 Buddhist temples in Gyeongju in my blog? I have finally fulfilled my dream to visit these 2 Buddhist sites! They are Bulguksa and Seokguram Grotto.

I made a wish in Seoul last year Dec to visit these temples, and to travel around South Korea for pilgrimage. I can't believe that i am now fulfilling my dream and that my wish i made last year came true. I still have a few more stops to go. Will be going to Busan tomorrow and then will be travelling towards the western side of South Korea, then back to Seoul. We have now combed the eastern and south east area, which i think is already very amazing! Our tour guide said he was very shocked to receive such an itinery and no one has travelled like that before --- combing the whole of South Korea for pilgrimage, as ppl normally just visit the more popular buddhist sites. I guess we are like almost the few who are doing so. haha...

A little tired, but will be continuing on my journey until 11th June. Will be heading back to Seoul on the 8th June. Looking fwd to the next temple and province.

*still excited*

3 comments:

w@nyE said...

enjoy ur trip=)

폴린 aka ポーリーン... said...

got use your korean lang to communicate??

Karma Sonam Lhamo said...

yes i did! but broken korean language..haha