My colleague came up to me this morning and asked me if i was able to help speak to some Korean guests, because he had difficulty communicating with them. He mentioned that my boss told him that i know Korean Language. I was delighted but at the same time inconfident, so i told him that i only know the very basics, and that i won't be able to understand much of what Koreans say. It was a very good opportunity to make good use of my skills in school, but because i wasn't fluent in the language, i had to forgo this chance to practise.
After this whole episode, I began to regret being so lazy in my Korean Language studies. I had been procrastinating and did not even do my homework sometimes. Moreover, I don't have Korean friends (other than my teacher), so i cannot converse well. WHat i have learnt so far is only the very basics, and i still can't understand Korean drama completely without reading subtitles. haizz...I feel so useless.
I guess to really master the language, i need to learn in Korea. However, reality has always an obstacle to realising my dreams.
I am lost in Korean Language still, despite one year plus of part-time learning. Perhaps i can start by being more active in learning.
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
ya... learning a language is never simple.... i understand how u feel... tat's why i had to give up Jap then... cos also never do homework and stuff... felt very bad every time i went for lesson then... but now i really regretted giving it up then... cos now it's very difficult to go back and pick it up again.... so i really hope u can perservere... gal... dun give up esp when u like the language so much in the first place.... try to make time to do the homework and stuff.. like wat i'm doing for keyboard now... i make it a point to practise at least once a week....
Post a Comment