Monday, October 27, 2008

Bad......to.......Good M1 Service

Gave M1 a call before i headed to T-mall M1 shop to upgrade my handset. The M1 customer service officer told me via phone that i could upgrade my handset at no extra cost incurred. Therefore, I happily drove to T-mall with my whole mind filled with Nokia6600. When I reached M1 Shop, i doubled confirmed with the receptionist that i did not have to top up $100 to upgrade my handset. I traded in my Nokia6300 and waited with excitement for my new phone. To my horror, the customer service officer who served me with upgrading, told me that i had to top up $100 to upgrade my handset as i can only upgrade at no extra cost on 22nd Nov 2008. I was at a total loss....i had already traded in my old phone, taken a trade-in card and there i was, completely stunned at the reply that i least expected. I told him that i called M1 and even doubled confirm at the reception that i did not have to pay $100 more to upgrade my handset. If i had to, it would mean i have wasted my phone trade-in which was meant for me to save more on the new phone. He said he could do a refund for me if i wanted to, but that would mean i will have no phone for the rest of the month. I wanted to create a hoohaa by demanding that it was their fault for the wrong info given to me beforehand. However, at that point, i couldn't pluck up my courage to make a scene there. I resigned to fate and reluctantly said "it's ok", while my heart sank. "There goes my $100, why i am so unlucky today?" I merely grumbled in my heart, and said nothing more to the M1 officer. So he processed my application for handset upgrade and went to get the new phone for me. I was feeling quite down that i had traded in my old phone for nothing. Just when i thought my $100 is gonna be gone soon, he came back to me and assured me that he'll check with his manager if they can waive the $100, since it wasn't my fault in the first place. Off he went to check, while i waited anxiously. He returned to deliver good news to me. I was overwhelmed and at the same time thankful to him for doing me a service that i had given up requesting mins ago. I did not expect him to ask his manager when i didn't even requested or demanded him to do so. It was good service delivered by this young M1 Customer Serice Officer. I was indeed impressed. I ended up paying for what i initially budgeted, feeling so pleased with my luck today.

I decided to write a letter to M1 to commend him.
I wanted to ask for his name, but he was busy serving other customers. I thought, perhaps the invoice would contain his name, but it wasn't there too. So....i left the shop....
The phone that accompanied me for 20 months.
The phone that will be by my side from today onwards..until...??? :-)

3 comments:

w@nyE said...

wow nice phone indeed=)blue keypad yeah!hee...

Unknown said...

nice phone. :D

w@nyE said...

hihi...long time nt blog ah...hee...anw i saw tis app. frm my frens blog think its quite gd...it a playlist so can put alot of songs...hee...
http://www.playlist.com/